Why is there need to carry different tools when you can find functions of various gadgets in one machine. The Best Hammer Drills not only drills but also acts as a hammer to create the hole according to your needs. First designed to fulfill the needs of the mining industry for excavating purposes, these drills have now become capable of becoming part of carpenters, masons and homeowners’ collection of tools.
Even though they look like standard drills but this drill cannot only work on wood, but they can drill holes in concrete like it is nothing. They are the best choice for home renovation and construction sites and won’t disappoint you with their performance.
How to Choose The Best Hammer Drills
Different varieties of hammer drills are available in market, so a customer has to keep in mind his needs. Even though a hammer drill can work on any type of surface but different hammer drills come with different features so the list mentioned below will help you in choosing the hammer drill perfect for your needs.
See Your Needs
The first thing you should be aware of is why do you need a hammer drill. Do you want to hang some wall decoration or do you need to fix staircase on concrete stairs? Choosing the right hammer drill depends on the task that you are going to assign it. Do you require more vibration from your drill? Do you want to use less hand force while completing your work? Due to their piston design, rotary design hammer drills useless vibration as compared to cam style drills.
Buying Maximum Bit Size
Keeping budget in mind, you have to find a perfect drill for your workplace. Higher the maximum bit size the higher the price would be. Drills which have more maximum bit size are expensive. Try to buy a drill which has larger maximum bit size than the drill you frequently use. As your drill will not be used to its maximum power, the motor will not get damaged easily, and you don’t need to find another drill when you have to drill holes in harder surface than usually do.
Corded or Corded less Hammer Drills
When buying hammer drills a person should consider how much power he needs to complete its task. For tougher jobs, corded drills are perfect as your drill has an unlimited power supply and it doesn’t run out of power halfway through the task. Cordless drills are popular among homeowners as they don’t have to struggle with wires and cordless drills are more lightweight, unlike corded drills. As they have the smaller size, they don’t take much space in the house.
Top 5 Corded & Cordless Hammer Drill Reviews
To help you in selecting hammer drills for your home or workplace, we compiled a list which we think are one of the best hammer drills out there. They won’t disappoint you and will make sure that you are impressed with their performance.
Makita XPH102 18V Cordless Hammer Drill
Getting an impressive 4.6 (more or less) rating on Amazon, this hammer drill is made to make your task easier. This product will never make you regret drilling. It will make you enjoy every task whether you are working on wood or concrete.
Tool versed site consider it to be in there top 9 collections. It comes with a three-year warranty (limited) so you can be sure that your investment is safe even though there won’t be any reason to be disappointed with it. This product is perfect for every task and would make sure that it doesn’t make any mistake. Some of it brilliant features are mentioned below:
- Its lithium-ion battery charges only in thirty minutes, so you don’t have to waste your time waiting for the drill to be charged instead of working on your task.
- It has a two-speed design which is 0-600 and 0-1900RPM and 0-9,000 and 0-28,500 BPM so it can perform varieties of the task, and it can cover different drilling, driving and hammer applications.
- It is manufactured with a material that it could provide resistance to dust and water, so it’s perfect for working in harsher conditions. A little rain will never hinder your job again.
- It can both run as drill-driver and hammer drill-driver so you can adjust it according to the needs of your task.
SKIL 6445-04 7.0 Amp 1/2 In. Hammer Drill
This drill is not only perfect for homeowners, but it will also impress you with its performance on a construction site. If you are looking for a good hammer drill which costs more or less than $50, then this drill is perfect for you. This drill has also established its position in tool versed top nine hammer drills. Its various functions will make sure that you never lose interest in it. Whether it is tile, brick or wood, nothing can stand in the way of its drilling. Some of it best features are mentioned below:
- Its motor comes with the power of 7.0 amp so it can handle drilling in tough surfaces and would complete its task with precision.
- To provide assistance in wood cutting it comes with ½ inch keyed chuck so you can insert larger bits perfect for your drilling.
- Side assist handle has been added in the drill to make it easier for you to get a proper grip on the handle and to make your drilling more accurate.
- It can work at the speed of 3000 RPM, but you adjust the speed by using the feature of variable speed trigger.
- It is corded, so you don’t to worry about it running out of power midway through work.
DeWalt DW511 1/2″ (13mm) 7.8 Amp VSR Hammerdrill
It has established its position at number one in the top nine drills ranking of site tools versed. Its brilliance can be explained in the word of experts at Popular Mechanics said this about the Dewalt DW511, “Guts. This tool has got’em. It’s not a matter of speed – it’s what you get when you combine motor torque with a solid drivetrain…
The Dewalt powers through with minimal kickback while requiring little downforce from the user.” You will never regret the day when you selected it to become part of your tool collection. This drill is perfect for boring holes in concrete as well as wood.
- As it is made of a lightweight material it only weighs 5.3 pounds, so it is easier to carry it around and holding it while performing the task.
- Its motor runs at the power of 7.8 amps so you could find it easy to work on any surface. Its motor also provides overload protection.
- 360-degree side handle and depth rod offers accurate drilling and better control on the drill so you can bore a hole with depth accuracy and without any inconvenience. It also allows you to rotate the handle, so you adjust the drill in the position which is more convenient for you.
- This drill offers you the output power of 650 Watts which is usually offered, inexpensive models.
PORTER-CABLE PCE141 Single Speed Hammer Drill
Most people get tired of expensive drills which do not provide the performance that was promised. PORTER-CABLE PCE141 7 Amp CSR Single Speed Hammer Drill is a package of power and durability at an affordable price. You could get the performance of expensive drills at a cheap price. You don’t need to worry about buying a drill for a long time as this hammer drill is known for its durability. For drilling in tougher surfaces, this will keep you satisfied with its performance. You don’t have to worry about this drill messing up your task. It’s extraordinary features are just there to make your work easier.
- Its 7.0 amp power motor is perfect for drilling through any material and won’t get damaged easily. Whether it is metal, wood or concrete, this drill could work on anything without getting damaged.
- Cast metal gear housing keeps the heat away from internal components of the drill which increase its durability, so you don’t have to buy a new drill after a short period.
- It’s 52,700 bpm makes it easy for you to work on harder surfaces so you don’t have to hesitate to work on surfaces which an ordinary drill cannot deal with.
- 2-finger locking trigger and streamlined-molded handle provides comfort and prevent fatigue when you are using a drill for an extended time.
Black & Decker DR670 6.0-Amp 1/2-Inch Hammer Drill
If you are looking for hammer drill which not only looks good but can also impress you with its performance, then Black & Decker DR670 6.0-Amp 1/2-Inch Hammer Drill is just for you. This drill will not only make it easy for you to work on your project but it will perform the task given to it with great accuracy. It will drill holes into anything. Whether you are using it decorate your walls or work on wood, this drill will give its best performance. It features are made to provide you with experience that you never forget.
- If you want a powerful drill that can work in tight spaces, then this drill is just for you. This drill comes with power in a compact shape, so you can use it anywhere you want.
- Its ½ inch keyless chuck allows you to change bits quickly. It lets you work with a variety of bits so you can choose the bit which is perfect for your task.
- Its piston grip design serves the purpose of giving you a better grip and control while you are working with the drill.
- Its variable-speed trigger helps you in managing drilling applications.
- Side handle and depth rod provides better hold on the drill.
A hammer drill will not only work as a hammer, but it will provide you with the function of the hammer. Whether you want to use it to renovate your house or to at a construction site, hammer drills will never disappoint you. The drills mentioned above are there to give you best experience during your drilling. They will bore holes with accuracy and won’t make you regret buying them. They come with features which not only make your task comfortable, but they will give their best in keeping you happy. They are manufactured in with such traits that no matter what the task you assign them to, they will never disappoint you.